Arcade Projects >> Arcade Paradise 2
These are the components in the PC that's in the AP2 cabinet.
- Motherboard: Asus P2V-B
This is a semi-unique board, in that it's a Pentium II-class Slot 1 board that will accept either an AT or an ATX power supply. I went AT so that it would switch on as soon as power was fed to it.
- Processor: Pentium II 450 MHz
eBay special. I think I paid around $30 or so for it.
- RAM: 384 MB (256 MB + 2x 64 MB) PC-100 SDRAM
- Hard Drive: 6 GB Western Digital IDE
- Video Card: Diamond Speedstar A50 (SiS 6326) AGP
Good 8MB card for MAME.
- Sound Card: SoundBlaster AWE64 Gold
Great output, and I've had nothing but total compatability with MAME.
- NIC: 3COM 3C905B-TX
I've always had great luck with 3Com NICs. I had it, so why not?
The components could be better, but couldn't they always? I have no complaints though. It plays the huge majority of ROMs just fine.
Oh, and I'm currently running v0.58 of MAME32.